Sunday, August 5, 2012

#9 Breakfast Sandwich

This was a total hit at my house yesterday. The boys love having breakfast at all times of the day.

The original recipe called for more overeasy type eggs, and english muffins. I did change it up a bit using biscuits and substituting sausage for the cheese. Although the cheese could easily be added.

I'm not a fan of eggs any way other than scrambled, so I did them scrambled in the pan instead of overeasy.

I took 8 eggs, (there were 8 biscuits) scrambled them and put them in the cupcake pan.They did have to be spread out over the 12 cups, or you could just cut down on the number of eggs you use. Baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.




I was able to put the pillsbury biscuits in to cook at the same time, and while those were going I fried up the sausage patties. 

I love multitasking!

So this is what I ended up with...

 
I laughed so hard when I put this together I nearly cried. The patty was too small, and the egg too big. No worries though it'll squish down.

They tasted amazing, and my husband loved the egg because he said it reminded him of fried eggs, which he loves, only baked. 

Tip: Generously spray the pan with cooking spray because the eggs will stick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment