Sunday, August 5, 2012

#10 Crock pot Mac N Cheese

My family loves mac n cheese, and my husband has been wanting me to find a recipe for homemade mac n cheese. Well...here it is!

You know my mantra is, "easy is great, and simple is best!" This is definitely a fix it and forget it kind of dish. (Don't forget to set the timer!)

Ingredients:
Cooking oil spray
2 cups skim milk
1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups preshredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

Definitely be liberal with the cooking spray as it will start to stick to the sides. I did have to do some soaking and scrubbing to get it off. 

They suggested 3-4 hours. I suggest no more than 3. The longer it goes the thicker it gets. I think I would also forgo the egg. I'm not really sure of it's purpose, and I'm not big on eggs myself.

This is a new family favorite!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment