Saturday, August 18, 2012

#16 Perfect Sweet Tea

My husband is a Georgia boy through and through, so when I saw this I had to make it immediately. I usually get praises for my sweet tea, but this time it was, "Just like home." How can I argue with that? The pinner called it the smoothest sweet tea, no bitterness. My husband heartily agrees.

Ingredients:5 - 8  Family size Tea Bags. (or 12 regular Tea Bags) 
        ( I prefer  #1 Luzianne or  #2 Liptons Brand Teas.)
1 Quart  (4 Cups) - Boiling Water
3 Quarts (12 cups) - Cool Water
1 1/2 - 2 (one & a half) - Cups Sugar. 
1/4 teaspoon - Baking Soda (this IS the SECRET Ingredient!!)


Directions:
Boil water, add tea bags and let boil for 3-4 minutes, pour into pitcher, add sugar and baking soda, add cold water to make a gallon!


Thank you Craving Comfort!!!



(I'll let you in on one more secret...I don't like tea, in any form. I've tried them all, and they all just taste like I'm chewing on leaves. Had to take the husband's word on this one. Oh well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment