Wednesday, August 8, 2012

#13 Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole (slow cooker!)

Let me tell you, I never said I'd cook healthy, just that I'd cook well. This was sooo good. Another new family favorite, that list is getting long! Needless to say I'm working out more to help offset all this yumminess.

Ingredients:
1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots

1 (3 oz.)bag bacon pieces

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

3/4 cup milk

salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray, or use a liner bag.
Place half the tater tots in 
Place 1/3 of the bacon and cheese in
Put in the chicken, season with salt and pepper to taste
Put 1/3 of the bacon and cheese in
Place the remaining 1/2 of tater tots
Place remaining 1/3 of bacon and cheese on top
Pour milk over entire pot
Cook on low for 4-6 hours

So, super easy, as always. I did make a few adjustments. I have a small crock pot and this dish filled it up. I set it on low as the directions said, but an hour later when the tater tots and cheese on top were still cold I got nervous. I turned it to high for the remaining 3 hours. 

The tater tots were good but broke apart easily. I don't know if that's supposed to happen or not. Next time I'll put everything in earlier and try it like the recipe says. 

I also used real bacon. Nothing beats real bacon! Just fried up about 3 slices then diced them up. You can add more if you like.


You can find the recipe here! She also has directions for making this in the oven! 
Check out her other recipes, there's like a gazillion I want to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment