Tuesday, August 7, 2012

#12 Bacon and Pancakes, tips and tricks - fail...

I think one misstep is ok after all the wonderful dishes I've made. Right? 

I can whip up bacon and pancakes with the best of them, but last night I decided to try a couple of new tricks...

First, I had never seen bacon cooked in the over. I did as the pinner suggested, 350 for 20 min. It cooked fine, but it was rather chewy. And, I couldn't get all the bacon on one pan like they did. 

Then I'd seen a pin where they poured pancake batter over cooked bacon...seemed like a great idea. Not so much. There were no directions, so I winged it. Here's what I was dealing with during this whole process...


I have to admit it was pretty funny at the time. My husband didn't agree when he was the one cleaning up the mess on the counter.

Since I precooked the bacon there wasn't much grease, so I didn't have to worry about the pancakes tasting like it. The problem I was having was the pancakes were just falling apart as I tried to flip them. Oh well.

At least they were edible, but next time I'll just make it the old fashioned way. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment